View Single Post
Old 18-04-10, 19:10

Hello Mr. Fast.

Nice to see you have been keeping out of mischief with something useful like saving a C8!

Thought I'd add my Prairie Command Oldtimers 2 cents worth into your quest for wheels, tires and rims.

Back in the late 1970's there was a complete Ford F8, either Cab 11 or Cab 12 I cannot remember at this point, sitting in a small car wreak yard in Whitemouth MB. If you approached the town from the south, the yard was on your left (West) running parallel to the rail line and the truck was mid yard facing South. I passed on buying it at the time as I was into 4x4's then and at 6'3" could not sit behind the wheel of a Cab 11 or Cab 12 to save my soul!

Just to the North, or Northeast of the yard was a Machine Shop/ Service Centre( I think it faced the main road through town) and there was a family connection of some sort between the two operations. Anyway, the shop had quite a few CMP tires in stock at the time for the C/F 8 series of trucks. The directional/conventional pattern type. They were a match for what was on the truck in the yard and a couple of them had a wide type of paper tape wrapping on them with the usual C.O.D stickers glued to them. He said he had picked up a large lot from Crown Assets a number of years earlier and had sold most of the non-directional inventory rather quickly, but these had not been as popular.

Thought you'd want to know and best pass it on before I head off for another Oldtimer's Geezer Nap and forget.

Cheers,

David