View Single Post
Old 08-09-22, 17:10

Time for an update on the project.

Physical work wise, not a lot has been going on with any of the kit. What time has been spent on the 52-Set has been reading up on tuning procedures for the full set and working through them with the set. Not happy with it all so far. It is taking me between 10 and 15 minutes to sort out each time. I think the timeframe is slowly improving, but I would really like to be able to accomplish the task is 5 minutes or less, once the set has warmed up. That seems a long way away at the moment and nothing about the process feels ingrained, or automatic. But I persevere. The bulk of my time, as expected this time of year, is spent on yard and household activities. Sigh.

I was hoping to get at least the Tool Box painted this summer, but the weather has impacted even the simple window/door paint-trimming refresh I had hoped to accomplish. The other problem I discovered was that the air compressor I have had for the last 10 years cannot deliver enough air volume to operate the paint gun I have planned to use. The gun requires 2.0 CFM at 40 PSI. I could not find any useful reference data in the manual at hand but did eventually find the compressor in the CH Archives on line and the air delivery was a very uninspiring 0.8 CFM at 40 PSI.

As it turned out, Canadian Tire had an 8-Gal Compressor on sale for half price last week that delivers 4.8 CFM at 40 PSI, so that part of the project can get back on track, with the new compressor broken in and ready to go.

David