View Single Post
Old 06-06-21, 05:06
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Reed View Post
Hi Harry,

Attached is a photo I took of an Australian Ford CMP Cab 13 Side screen.

Perhaps someone here knows if both Ford and Chevy ones were the same and if the ones on Australian vehicles were locally produced and a different design to the Canadian ones. This design has two flat bar steel frames with the canvas sandwiched between them.

I drew up plans of that steel frame about 6 years ago. I can post it here if it helps. I am reasonably sure of the dimensions but at the time of taking them the owner was giving me a bit of a hurry up. I asked if I could borrow it for a week but he wasn't willing to do that. Bet it is still sitting out in the open in central Victoria rotting away.

Cheers,
Hi Jacques

I have a WW2 era GMH side screen . Like you I did some drawings, Keith W had them on his CMP site . The GMH version looks pretty much like your Ford example. Think the forward flap fasteners that are on the w/screen frame are a different style , a GMH / Ford difference. I may have uploaded the drawings to MLU. I believe i purchased the side curtain at the Mike C clearing sale up at Castella ?
1940 Chev. 15cwt GS Van ( Aust.)
1942-45 Jeep salad