View Single Post
Old 04-05-18, 09:01
Armour Owner x 3

When I read through the list of complaints what sticks out to me is that most of the things listed would be obvious to most people. Granted you need to know your specifics for things like armour angles. But the anorak detail of whether or not a real Marder has 2 return rollers or one is pretty obvious if you pull up any WW2 photo of a Marder.

A quick google search would reveal sites such as "Surviving Panzers" etc.

We all know that WW2 was now 73 years ago and there weren't many German vehicles survived it. Heck, just look at the Littlefield Panther (which the museum in question would know about) - Jacques had to get a complete new fabrication for the turret. Would they get sniffy that that vehicle is not authentic enough?

There seems to be a lot more to this story than in that article.

To me it has all the makings of a lawyer fest.

If you buy at auction you need to read the fine print and if that fine print includes an escape clause that essentially says the seller guarantees nothing, then buyer beware applies. I cannot count the number of times I have seen
sale lots misdescribed at auction, actually in my experience it is the norm not the exception.

But as to the difference between and G13 and a real Hetzer, 10 minutes spent on the internet would soon educate even the most wet behind the ears armour enthusiast. Then he too can own a vehicle that has to be driven with a view of the world no better than looking out through a letter box slot.