View Single Post
Old 19-08-16, 09:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Smith View Post
The most widely-known "French Flathead" engines which have seen a bit of a fabled cult following in the States are the SIMCA V8s that were fitted to the SUMB trucks. These are a very different design to the US/Can/UK built Flatheads in that they are a latter-day redesign that incorporates a hybrid of features from the "classic" pre-war design and the 8BA design of the 50's. Some weak points have been improved upon by the SIMCA engineers, and modern ideas applied. If you were to be honest, SIMCA is not technically Ford France, and could even have claim to be called "Chrysler France"

Not to detract from the Matford engine, but it does not feature those improvements and is a more faithful copy of the original engine, warts and all.
Hello
I agreed with you, It is not an simca ford engine that's sure, there was two types of engines built only for the army ,the sumb marmont V8 4,1liter and then the simca cargo V8 3,9liter. (I have a cargo in my FAT but needs to be modify)
Matford is an other factory ,its in fact ford and Mathis, They built V8 trucks and cars from prewar to the early 50 but the engine are different from the simca ford engines ,but I dont know how different they are from the US and CMP engines...