View Single Post
Old 09-03-21, 03:26

Default Paperwork Sunday to Painting Monday ...

Slowly, slowly ...

Spent last Sunday week ago sorting all the paperwork that inevitably builds up during restoration. I keep notes, receipts, supplier's contacts and so on in folders in the workshop for quick reference. I have an original parts list, but I keep a copy in the workshop along with repros of most manuals.

After the frustrations of the brake problem with the Willys MB , I spent the rest of today painting all the small parts I had been cleaning and blasting over the last several weeks. They can dry overnight, and I'll wrap, label, and pack into storage boxes tomorrow.

The last images are the tool I had made to press the new valve guides into place, with a red and white scribe mark at the correct depth below the top of the block, and the engine lifting bracket I made which bolts into the head stud holes. It has various lift points to allow lifting the engine alone, or when fitted with the clutch, bell housing and transmission. The lift holes are the size of a D-shackle pin.

Have not a clue why the images keep appearing on their sides - they were the right way up when I loaded them!

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
s2021-03-07-IMG_8399.JPG   s2021-03-08-IMG_8396.JPG   s2021-03-08-IMG_8398.JPG   s2021-03-06-IMG_8401.JPG   s2021-02-28-IMG_8403.JPG