View Single Post
Old 29-11-19, 03:24

Default I'm Done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aide Memoire View Post
You're assuming I made an assumption.

Photos have MIKAN numbers. Descriptions and dates are Harold Skaarup's. While the Internet is indeed the Wild, Wild West...I think Harold's pages live in the tamer part. I've seen incorrect photo descriptions originating from Library and Archives Canada before, however, so that may well be the case.
So, did you follow up on the MIKAN numbers?

Quote:
Misery-shared, as they say. I imagine others here have tried to identify their own museum's acquisitions and history of same so it seemed a good place to start rather than re-tread well-trodden ground. So far it's been very helpful as there are many knowledgeable people about.

Fortunately as mentioned before, there are a great many knowledgeable people about capable of answering those questions and lending perspective. It's what we do as a museum/ collector community, isn't it?
The term 'museum' used to imply a centre of knowledge, apparently that is not the case any more.

Quote:
I've not been able to prize it from the clutches of innumerable fingers faster than my own, but if left unattended for any period of time I'll certainly make a play for it.
So why am I even having this discussion when you have to yet 'make a play for it'! I'm out! I've wasted enough time - sure the tank is a Korean War veteran or whatever you and your 'museum' wants to believe. When you cannot even be bothered to sit down read a a basic reference publication, then go back to 'researching' on the internet.