View Single Post
Old 24-03-12, 17:45
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Modelers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilie View Post
Hi Folks,

As there doesn't seem to be a model section on this Forum, I'm going to take the liberty of posting my effort which was inspired by Rich's post.
Hope you don't mind a model being shown here.
Build details and other photos can be seen at:

http://airfixtributeforum.myfastforu...pic32073-0.php

Cheers,

Neil
Neil
From inception MLU web site has been a 1:1 Full scale web site dedicated to preserving Canadian built and designed military vehicles..
While many of our members are master modelers and 1:1 vehicle restorers also ,with so many web sites dedicated to modeling it was decided,long ago when Jeff designed the site that we would not dedicate a forum to modeling..
We have some great and dedicated members here that are master modelers ,that have been here since day one ,two that I can think of ..off the top of my head are Bruce Parker and Cliff..Mr Roo..
Now we do encourage our members to post pictures of their Canadian models That they do so on occasion,and we all enjoy seeing and praise their hard work...
But it is well controlled by the members them selves,because they realize just how unique MLU web site is ...and as the 1st poster to this form on the Day that Jeff put it on line(other than Jeff and Sean,his son) I agree that we have maintained that format and ask that modelers limit their participation to that criteria..
To post more than the occasional posting of modeling topics will soon raise the ire of non modeling members and the offending postings will be deleted and membership will be disallowed..Banned..!!!
a fate worse than death..
So enjoy the site for what it is and join in to the discussions on the Forum..
As I am just a member,I have no authority on this web site ,although I support it each year and would hate to see it be anything other than it is..
Just MY Humble opinion and relating the thoughts of the members as I understand them...

Alex Blair.