View Single Post
Old 12-06-06, 00:47

Default Re: Rob van den Brinks' website

Quote:
Originally posted by Garry Shipton
Thanks Rick Payne for the referenced website.
I logged in this AM, scrolled down midway just under the large photo titled "Norton WD16H and Big 4 website" I then clicked on the title"Miscellaneous-Technical and Historical" on the far left side . I then scrolled down to the title " Pictures" then click on title " WD16H Military Old".A whole set of photos popped up , each of which I enlarged to view.If you count the top row to the right over to the fifth picture,then go down the right side to the fourth photo and enlarge the photo,-and this is when my jaw dropped- The motorcyclist with the high snow covered mountain in the backgroung is my father.I wonder where it was taken.He's dressed too neatly for it to have been talen in Sicily,Italy or Northwest Europe.I hazard a guess that it was taken in Scotland.This is now the second published photo of him astride a Norton.Thanks
Garry are you sure that he is your dad, or is it someone who resembles your dad? It appears that the person in the photo has the Polar Bear shoulder patch of the British 49th Division, which was in Iceland in 1941.

Last edited by John McGillivray; 12-06-06 at 01:13.