View Single Post
Old 10-04-20, 02:12
VMVC

Default Ford CMP- Autopulse wiring

Good Day,

I have just redone my wiring from the ignition and fuel tank gauge switches in the course of redoing all my wiring. I redid did the light switch panel a couple weeks ago.

The interesting thing I discovered using an original harness for a pattern is the Autopulse wiring. Even though the Autopulse was only fitted to Indian delivered CMP trucks it appears the wiring for it has been fitted to the harness of at least one Australian Ford CMP also. Perhaps one size fits all by Ford.

As per attached photos:
Wire No. 45 is a jump from the ignition switch- out to the Autopulse switch in. When the ignition switch is thrown current to the resistor and the Autopulse input side flows.
No current flows to the Autopulse unless the Autopulse switch is also thrown. So you can run the engine without the Autopulse on but cannot run the Autopulse unless the ignition switch is on.
No. 46 wire is fitted to the main, and lower chassis harness also and terminates near the starter relay with the other tail, stop, and fuel tank sender wires.
No.16 and No. 45 doubled up at ignition switch to resistor and not at No. 30, ignition switch to gauges, as shown in Special Pattern Vehicles diagram. Not the first time diagrams and reality differ.
Again, all wires are 16 gauge except No. 21 which is 14 gauge.

Hope this is of some interest and have a safe and healthy Easter.

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0019.JPG   IMG_0023.JPG  

Jacques Reed

Last edited by Jacques Reed; 10-04-20 at 02:54. Reason: added lower chassis