View Single Post
Old 13-01-20, 22:17
VMVC

Default Ford CMP light switch wiring

Good Day,

Following on from the "Toggle Switch" thread in the restoration section here is a revised diagram of the later Ford CMP light switch wiring. Revision shows the internal common connections at the input terminals.

Note: This is for the later light switch panel which used specialized TPST switches to control defined groups of lights. Earlier light switch panels operated individual types of lights only and can be operated using SPST switches.

All lengths taken from an original harness. Wire numbers and colour codes as per Ford wiring diagram.

Hope this may be of help to other restorers.

Since posting this I had a look at another light switch assembly and found some interesting differences. At first I thought it had been jury rigged using a SPST switch at the Tail light. Upon close inspection and tracing out the original wires it appears it could be an original setup also. The jumps were factory crimped and when I analyzed it, TPST switches were not required at every location to obtain the lighting combinations. See my comments in "Toggle Switches"

Attached is the original wiring showing the crimped terminals and another wiring diagram using the switches in the photo.

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0066.JPG   light switch wiring.jpg   light switch wiring 2nd version.jpg  

Jacques Reed

Last edited by Jacques Reed; 28-03-20 at 01:22. Reason: Corrected wire gauges at jumps and other locations