Thread: How To: Ford CMP "Blitz" miscellany
View Single Post
Old 21-12-17, 11:10
MLU Administrator

Jacgues,

Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress and thoughts to solve the problems you encounter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Reed View Post
Due to the internal baffles, it is impossible to get to the area of the dent from inside to push it out so reading about PDR thought that method might work. I don't think the little heat involved in the glue used to attach the pullers would be an issue on a tank that is empty and has been so for many months.

I have a 10 mm dent over a 250mm diameter area in the bottom of my F15-A tank, and although not a big issue, I would like to repair it. I had to pack it out with insertion rubber to make full contact on the front fuel tank bracket.

PDR slide hammer kits seem relatively inexpensive on-line. Professional repairers I contacted seem to get scared when you mention fuel tanks.
I reckon they are scared of fuel tanks if they use tabs which are spot-welded in place.
If you can get your hands on a kit using hot melt glue to fix the tabs, I'd try that before moving on to the magnet method (which I am looking forward to see the results of).

Hanno