Thread: 1942 Woods tent
View Single Post
Old 18-02-05, 03:35
Derek Heuring

Default 1942 Woods tent

I've recently purchased an un-issued 1942 Woods manufactured circular tent, n.i.b. ( new in the bag) It came with what I can only describe as a fly that has two obvious points in which poles could be placed. I can't for the life of me figure where this "fly" attaches to my tent. I emailed Colin Stevens in the event he might be familiar with this item, but he was also stumped. The tent came complete with stamped and dated tent pegs, but unfortunately no centre pole. Any help in identifying where the fly (if that is what it is) should attach and any help in dimensions, shape, configuration of the main tent pole would be greatly appreciated. I'm off to Fredericksburg, Tx. weekend of Feb. 19, 20 to re-enact the battle of Iwo Jima at the Admiral Nimitz museum. Check out the museum's website if you get a chance, we've got about 20 IJA reenactors coming from Japan, their numbers will be augmented by about 20 local participants, a Jap tank, anti-tank gun, a Zero, a Kate, and a couple of blank firing Jap MG's. Facing the Japs will be 14 (yes 14) working WW II flame throwers, a couple of Stewarts, two Shermans, several field pieces, as well as the combined might of the Confederate Air Force with a $10,000.00 pyro budget Should be quite a show!