Thread: For Sale: 19 Set Spare Valve Box
View Single Post
Old 25-04-22, 04:07

Default Facebook Marketplace and such.....

Hi all: Sorry Robert B. in answering your question at the first part of this entry. I didn't realize so much could come out of one little box. I mentioned in my ad for the selling of the 'spare valve box", about "comments" from members that really have nothing to do with selling an item on MLU or MLU Facebook. To begin with, I listed the item on the Facebook portion of MLU as so not to "crowd" Bruce Harris who has been trying to sell the same item on the MLU Forum. My feelings were to let Bruce have a go and when his was done...I would step in. In the meantime, I decided to advertise on the Facebook portion of MLU, which Bruce was not involved with. Within a very short time, I had a member tell the face book crowd that he had 26 of these items in his barn. The second entry from another member (different country) puts in an entry that he will give you a FREE spares box if you buy a 19 set off him. Now I ask you....do you think this helps me sell spare parts box? Do you think this helps Bruce Harris? Not in the least. I have never been critical or questioned anyone selling anything on this forum. And if some of you remember, last year when I attempted to offer an FN Rifle to the MLU members, that entry went around the block so many times before one of the members from Ontario STRONGLY suggested that "maybe we should just let Mr. Morrison sell his gun"! I've always been up front with anything I sell, whether it be on this forum or any other venue. If am wrong in the description or validity of my item, which I recently have been and have been corrected, please contact me directly and I will repair the damages. Simple...as...that!
In finishing up, I apologize if I have offended anyone, but my reasoning is something that all of us need to look at, myself included!
Thanks for your time and understanding....Robert