View Single Post
Old 30-04-10, 23:25
Addicted to Drab

Default Military Muster update.

Hi Folks,

Just a little update on what I have been doing wrt the muster. I have secured a pyrotechnics company to do all the bang and flash for the battle displays and a fireworks display for the Saturday night dance. I have also secured 1000 rounds of blank .303 for the various displays. I have not recieved any requests for any other caliber...you german reenactors better get your buts in gear....LOL. I have quite a few sponsors with more being squeezed to join the event. As mentioned earlier I have 2 heavy hauling companies to do transport work. One will be dead-heading regularly from the TO area....so if you have a vehicle that you want sent in this direction let me know....by pm or email. mtimo2@hotmail.com There is lots of room at the event site for storage if you want to send you baby early. This will certainly cut down on "last minute" problems. I have arranged entertainment for all who will be on-site Friday night. Bring a lawn chair....as there will be an outdoor movie....something to get you all in the mood for Saturday and Sunday....the will be an active paintball area designated and netted so the public can watch. There will also be a paintball rifle range to try out your marksman skills. Many vendors have signed up from the North Wall Riders Assoc (Vietnam Vets), the Canadian Forces, community groups and military item flea market. Sandbags are on order and soon I will have a comprehensive map of the area for your viewing...It will be posted on the website. The Provincial Marine...1812 Naval reenactors will be on hand with Cannons...remote control warbirds will be presented, helicopter rides will be available and I have a couple of Bands coming...both Pipes and Brass. We are going to set up a Bier Garten. There will be a lot of veterans in attendance and displays both inside and outside. We will be digging a section of WW1 trench and have it all kitted out...Bring your 40's duds for the Swing Dance and BBQ on Saturday night...Thats about it for now...remember to contact me about transportation of vehicles....cheers

Mike