Thread: How To: 1944 Chev HUW restoration
View Single Post
Old 05-10-22, 20:57

Default Can not remove the panel at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Parker View Post
That's it Phill. If you ever want to sacrifice a little skin I'd love details on that panel so I can make one. Mine is long gone.

What was confusing me is that my hole was not a clean punched oval like yours. It looked more like an irregular torch cut. Anyway, simple to correct as the cowl is off and accessible.

I have some of those access covers that came off a 60cwt Chev but of course they will be different...

I would appreciate any info on the map light (HUWs don't have a dome light). It has its own switch so the power must come right off the ammeter? I expect it would be before the ignitions so it could operate all the time with no worries.

One additional question, that turn latch at the front, I assume it attaches to the left side of the rad carrier?

Hi Bruce

For a while my help will be limited to taking photos, or finding photos I've already taken. Right now I'm waiting to have back surgery, my ability to bend, extra, is limited as is my time at the computer.

But keep posting on your progress, reading all the post in MLU is one of my favorite activities, that I can do on tablet when laying down.

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com