Thread: C15A resto
View Single Post
Old 20-03-13, 08:15

Default Good on you Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrygrey382 View Post
But otherwise it'll just be a vehicle I can use and enjoy and won't go much beyond what I've got, and definitely plan on painting it civilian colours. I like to think it as a worker not just a looker
Good on you Harry and welcome aboard!!!

You raise a couple of great points...

Good for you with the civilian colours. A lot of these trucks did more work in their civilian clothes than in their military service years so why not honour the massive contribution they had in civvy life?

Our heritage is not just confined to the war years. A lot of brave (or mad) blokes used Blitzes to snig logs, fight fires and cart just about anything you can name on the back of these old beasts... usually by working out legal load mass, then multiplying it by four.

The other point is you can get so caught up in a resto with all the details...you can potentially fall into the trap of never finishing it and worse...never driving it, or more to the point...never having fun with it as a truck on the road.

THANKS for posting, good luck with it, cant wait to see more pictures or even a bit of you tube film...