View Single Post
Old 03-08-12, 02:58

Default another CAN m37 resto

Hello friends.
I joined the forum recently while looking for information and such. I don't have a lot of military vehicle experience , but I do have a lot of restoration and general vehicle knowledge and would love to help out any I can.
I've started restoring ( with some modifications) a 1952 m37 CAN I've got it stripped to the bare frame and plan on blasting and painting everything in pieces.
Although I am going to modify it somewhat for better driveability, (I plan to drive it extensively) I would really like to keep the colour "period correct" and for the most part , the looks. I'm having a real time finding a paint code or number to get paint mixed. I know that we can get American colours from American suppliers and I can get the current NATO green colour but I would prefer the original 1952 CAN colour. I have a piece of original coloured metal at my dupont paint supplier and he's trying to match it or mix something real close. I'm sure others have had this problem and wondered how they resolved it.
Thanks for your time and input and this great forum
Steve

Also I have some parts left from a m43 (?) ambulance I will be listing as soon as I get some pictures taken.