View Single Post
Old 14-04-10, 15:59
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Down the street..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljboudreau View Post
hehe i do take care of keeping 4 plow bucket together in the winter , it does involve a lot a welding with the old stick welder , uspside down over head going up and down and in all kind of hole, lol , the drilled hole is one of the simplest way to stop a crack from going further after you fix it if it fails again , wich happen all the time on the buckets, (the drivers keep hitting curbs and all sorts of stuff), recently bougth the mig and a plasma cutter, so the new cool tool are pretty good too , the mig apear to easy, you have too watch a lot for good penetration as it can be easy to do a good looking weld with no penetration, i find slowing the wire down bring up the heat,

as for ottawa , you never know , my girlfriend migth be off and we migth take a trip , i rarely plan ahead, i like to live day by day, i am retired after all...lol
Paul..
Just down the street from you in Burton,NB is one of the most obnox.....er.....talented,knowledgeable .. CMP mechanics and Diamond "T" guys that ever existed..
His name is BILL MULHOLLAND..from Burton NB..
Bill was working on these trucks in the Army for so long he has probably forgotten more about them than most of us will ever know..You would be more than welcome,I'm sure to contact Bill by Private message through MLU forum..or he may jump in here on this thread and start chatting ..so either way if you were heading to Moncton or beyond ..stop in and see Bill.
He has been up to our gather up's in Ottawa many times and hopefully comes with his wife Donna in June..
Hope to see you in June..
(The work on the truck is great..got to do a bunch of welding on my iron railing out front..thanks to some skilled destruction by my better 3/4 ters this winter..probably use the mig but may stick weld it with 7018..smooth..)