View Single Post
Old 09-10-19, 16:44

Default Another milestone

The Ford GP serial 8920 reached another milestone last evening when I took it for a short drive along our nice quiet street. Krystii made a couple of videos with her i-pad, but they are way too large to post here, so you'll just have to see the stills instead.

Not a perfect job, and a long way to go yet with many small details to be attended to (fitting nomenclature plates, bleeding& adjusting brakes, tucking up and securing wiring, etc etc - you all know the drill!). The hood/bonnet & windshield/windscreen assembly are headed to Indianapolis, Indiana for some restorative work. I don't expect to see those again until next year. The canvas set is by Beachwood Canvas - Dan's team does an excellent job and worth the money. The set I have on the Willys MB (in the background) is also great - the canopy does not 'flap' at 45 mph.

The big red switch visible on the left of the engine bay is a temp battery isolating switch - always use one in a handy position during the resto, then move it to a more discreet/less accessible position upon completion.

And the carbie air horn I mentioned in the previous post .... I purchased another, still cannot find the first one!! Fits nicely on the (repro) Holley 847D carbie.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Ximage00001s.jpeg   Ximage00002s.jpeg  

Last edited by Mike Cecil; 09-10-19 at 16:51.