View Single Post
Old 27-04-18, 19:38

Default April update

My progress on the Ford GP is at a leisurely pace. A couple of views of where it is up to.

The GP hangs from the overhead crane as I had to dismantle part of the front suspension to take examples of the bush and pin to the machinist to have a few sets made for a friend in the UK, and a set of bushes for another GP restorer who lives nearby. Like me, he had purchased a set of pins & bushes from Australia, and now finds the bushes don't fit - the outer diameter is too large for the suspension hangers and the inside diameter is much too sloppy on the pins. The ones I have had made locally are a 'push fit' with a couple of thou clearance. They are nice and tight upon assembly. This time I'll have an extra pin and bush made to keep as the reference, for the next time a friend wants a set made.

I'm sure we have all been down this path: you know you purchased an item, and now it is time to install it, it cannot be found! I have a carbie air horn, which is a casting on the GP, somewhere nice and safe. Too safe, as I don't seem to be able to locate it! I'm sure it will turn up, probably after I buy another to replace it.

The lighting system worked fine when I installed it, but the light switch seems to have developed a fault so has to come out. Two steps forward, one step back!

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
GP 4-27-18-2.JPG   GP 4-27-18-1.JPG