View Single Post
Old 31-08-10, 01:18

Default Thanks all

Thank you all that replied to my questions and to the warm welcomes I received as being a new member of the community. Thank you Phil, I like and use Motion and other similar venders on a regular basis as part of my job. I was hoping for someone to respond, O-Yea gust go to this website www.allyouranswershere.com but I guess the simple answer is that those old numbers just don’t cross over to current available parts. I am told by Big Mike, thanks for all the help so far, that I just need to be looking for parts for a Ford truck. I have to admit to not really being up on all the models Ford put out at that time period. In doing some searching I see part for a light truck. I am thinking that those are not what I am looking for. Should I be looking for part numbers with a description of commercial truck or just truck in them? I am starting to be able to tell what must be Carrier specific parts like I assume the two seals between the trans and diff that I used as my examples. Part numbers C01UC105387 and C011UC-105759, by the way I really do need these and am curious what people use.
Lastly it has been brought to my attention that by nick-naming my carrier “Frank the Tank” that some may have thought I was belittling those that fought and lost there lives while operating these unique and wonderful vehicles. Those that were offended I would like to whole heartily apologize and say that was in no way my intention. I have the most respect for those that served in that war and the other conflicts that followed. I am proud to count several that fit that description among my friends. I understand that the norm when choosing a name if any, is to choose a female name but I just thought the rhyme was catchy and I didn’t realize it might be taken as flippant or disrespectful. Once again thank you to this wonderful forum.