View Single Post
Old 14-02-06, 15:49
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Re: modular tent sections

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Skagfeld
That's a damn good price for a centre section of modular.

The original MIU SUP (Material -in-Use, Standard Unit Price) was $815.00

I use two sections, complete, to winter store my CMP.

It is indeed an excellent price. I've spent in total, months living under Canadian canvas in all sorts of conditions and it is excellent stuff. Quick to set up and tear down (I know, I've set up acres of the stuff!) and very habitable. I used to check out the Crown Assets disposal sales on the West Coast on a regular basis but it was a rare occurence to find mod. tentage after the closure of C.F.B. Chilliwack and it was usually pretty ratty stuff. Once after opening a brand new section of tentage I found a tag identifying the manufacturer. I kept it in the event I ever wanted to purchase new tentage directly from them, but I never did and I've since lost the tag.
One thing I've always to buy could never find at Crown Assets was an immersion heater. They are excellent for heating large quantites of water! They are also great for waking the camp up at 0darkstupid when you're pissed off for getting the duty. Let a little too much gas drip into the cup, give it a sec to vapourize, and relight. We once launched two sections of flue across the compound! Gunner, you would have been proud of me! LOL! I'm sure I heard someone holler, "INCOMING!" 'course, I got extra duties (but lighting the heaters wasn't one of them!) for rousing the Sgt. Mjr. from his beauty sleep.

CHIMO!

Ubique, also the sole battle honour of the Engineers!