View Single Post
Old 26-03-21, 01:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Fisher View Post
I've been meaning to update here for a while. Yes, 7074 has happily made the final move to the D-Day Story, as you've all seen. Her tanks are now on board and the display is being completed around her. Hopefully she'll open to the public soon. I'm really proud to see all the markings on both the LCT and the tanks that I researched now painted in place.

A very quick update on the historic picture of 7074 shown above. It's bogus. The picture actually shows an LCT Mk II, which is shorter than the Mk III (7074's type). I thought something was wrong, but it took a bit of looking to spot some of the details! This is the second forged picture of 7074 we've found – we think the former owners crudely edited genuine pictures to include 7074's pennant, so that they had some historic pictures to show. As it happens, we've found quite a few genuine ones!

Stephen,

Hanno gave me a heads up on your CBA-Wessex Zoom talk and both of us have watched and listened to the talk, yesterday. Awesome work....very interesting. I admire the work you and others in the project have done to save LCT 7074 and properly study all details and history. I especially liked the investigation of certain welds and finding out if they were from the time the craft was built....the conversion to repair ship in 1945 or the conversion to night club.
Please share some more pictures of the project....I am sure other MLU members would also be very interested.

Alex