View Single Post
Old 20-08-10, 12:50
MUTT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Baker View Post
Scott:

Hilarious - I was about to come on here and ask you if you had a breakdown on which ECC's were which, and like magic here it is already!

I managed to get copies of some of the same printouts that you obtained, and they raised a couple of other questions that I am hoping you or someone else on the thread might know the answer to:

1) How accurate would a Holding Unit History be? The records indicate that my truck (67-07840) was initially held by UIC 0122, CFB Chilliwack. But the Holding Unit History indicates that it was held by 1732 (CFB Edmonton Det Wainwright) from 01-JAN-67 (the default acquisition date for all '67s) until 20-MAY-80. To add more confusion, the Work Order history details only indicate 5 work orders, with the pre-1980 ones being performed by UIC 2208, which was ADM (Engineering and Maintenance). That, I believe, was the predecessor of LETE. Post 1980 the maintenance was performed in Chilliwack. Did LETE or its predecessor have a facility in Wainwright? I seriously doubt the truck went back and forth to Ottawa. My thinking is that the truck started in Wainwright, spent time with "LETE" there and was then sent to Chilliwack in 1980. Does that sound plausible?

2) If the ADM(Engineering and Maintenance) precursor of LETE did have my truck in Wainwright, any idea what they might have been doing with it?

3) Three modifications are listed:

30010000CF003
30100000CF014
30103000CF004

Any idea what these were? I suspect one is the M151 air filter, and another is the windshield washers, but no idea about the third.

Thanks for any info you can provide.
The VMO Unit Data seems to be fairly accurate with the Jeeps, but in your case, there is about 7 years worth of info missing. Comparing work orders against the VMO data, looks like it went from Wainwright to Chilliwack in 1980.
Looking at the work orders prior to 1980, in the sub heading it says: Maint Coy ASU Wainwright. The Admin Engr/Maint bit seems to be the generic nominclature info for Base Maint, as nearly all have that heading, mine included. I think your Jeep was also part of the Base Tpt Veh Pool while it was in Wainwright as no lodger Unit was listed in the Maint logs. One repair was also performed in Calgary. The Powerpack was most likely changed in 84, as 16.5hrs of "Corrective" work was performed on it in that entry.

Rob Love may chime in as to what the actual Mods are, as I only know what the M151A2 Mods translate to.

Scotty