View Single Post
Old 16-11-22, 21:53
VMVC

Default Home-made Spray-painting cabinet- Adding duct outlet

Good day,

This week I have added the duct outlet to the rear panel of the cabinet.

Used a jig saw to cut the hole. I was surprised to find the bar included with it is not a hole cutting guide but an edge guide. I never used it anyway as I found it much better to clamp a batten to a piece of wood as a guide when ripping.

I mentioned before that this saw is a bit disappointing despite the good brand. The blade wanders up to 1mm either side of centre when cutting. This side-to-side movement of the blade is apparent when holding it. (Unplugged!). No amount of searching has found a way to cure it. Still, it did a good enough job for this task.

I modified the edge guide to a circle cutting guide. I inverted it, then attached a piece of plywood to it as a foot to bring it level with the base of the saw. I drilled a hole through the steel guide and plywood in line with the front edge of the blade and put a machine screw through it as the pivot point.

I wanted a more robust mounting than just putting screws though the outlet and into thin MDF board, so I used 1/4" carriage bolts and large mudguard washers. It also allows easy access to remove the outlet to install the flexible ducting.

Hope this is of some interest.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0029.JPG   IMG_0030.JPG   IMG_0035.JPG  

Jacques Reed