View Single Post
Old 28-01-10, 02:02
Addicted to Drab

Default tires n' stuff

Hi Bob,

No boob don't you remember that they don't / won't fit on those rims..

ok enough joking....I see you POR'd the rims...I did not POR the inside where the rubber meets the steel...I spray painted with glossy tremclad. As you know POR can be quite thick and textured. The glossy assisted with the sliding of the rubber against the steel. I used dish soap for lube...no KY available in sufficient quantity. Naval "arselene" was out of the question. I was able to snug up 2 nuts on the two longest studs as each rim had. Once a couple of threads were on the nuts I started with an impact wrench on each alternately and brought the rim together a bit. Stop here and have a glass of wine. Then I started other nuts and added air to expand the tire...be careful not to pinch the flap. If when you lay the first rim and the floor and place the tire on it and you cannot get the second half of the rim to "reach" the studs of the bottom rim try pounding on the bead to slide it down the rim...stop and have a glass of wine and then add the flap and top rim. If it still does not quite reach have Rob or Grant to add their weight to the rim and start the threads....once the air is added and the loud "POP" happens have another glass of wine and call it a job well done.

IF this does not make sense I will call you ...cheers Myke aka frack