View Single Post
Old 11-01-10, 01:32
Mr. HUP

Default Actual Work at the Barn

I arrived just after lunch to a deserted barn. Lucifer was roaring full blast, but no one was around. So, I headed out to the Prototype shelter to work on the removal of the window frames. After a few minuites, Bob arrived after fueling up his truck. Grant and Guy were busy, so it was just Bob and me at the barn today.

Maintenance was the order of the day. The first task was to manage the garbage, which I took care of. Next was to change the oil on Bob's diesel. That took about 20 minutes in -13oC weather (wind chill was about -25oC).

The next task was to clean out the sandblasting cabinet. This involved removing and cleaning the vacuum system and removing and filtering the blasting grit. The vacuum was blasted clean by high pressure air hose and it needed a good cleaning out. Bob reloaded the grit, set up the vacuum and I gave the system a workout cleaning my Prototype HUP's front window frames.

Bob then got on to twisting, bending and heating his nuts. Such agony! Bob was testing out his latest acquistion - a tap to clean the threads of his wheel nuts.

Bob doing the twist:

The tap was secured in the vice and Bob threaded one after one wheelnut onto it. The sound a nut makes when it is getting cleaned out was eerie...anyone standing outside of the barn would have thought some depraved lunatic was torturing an animal inside the barn.

Nuts so clean...

After a spot of cocoa and tea (thanks, Joyce!) Bob finished up the nut cleaning. Lucifer was then starved of fuel, and we closed up shop. The fun never ends at the Hammond Barn!