View Single Post
Old 26-03-10, 18:05
Senior Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenzieclan View Post
OK, here is the next one...

1 - Attached ????? 4 Canadian Infantry Brigade and not sure what f a p stand for thought they appear often.

2 - Leave 7 days priviledge, then not sure what the 2 w. w. stands for.

3 - Attached Head Quarters 4th Canadian Infantry Brigade, f a p ???

4 - 2nd Division Signals??? - Any ideas what might be happening here?

5 - Promoted to Acting Lance Corporal?

Am I close?? Thanks,

Scott
Hi Scott;

1. - attached to Headquarters, 4th Canadian Infantry Brigade for all purposes, ie. (as Clive pointed out), pay, rations, quarters (5 to 8 Sep 41) from the RHLI (Note: the abbreviation f.a.p. or fap was used for the term ‘for all purposes’)

2. - Leave 7 days - it could read ‘Paid 2 weeks wages’ - I’ve never seen ‘2 w. w.’ entered on a Record of Service before

3. - Same as 1 above (15 to 18 Sep 41) from the RHLI

4. - attached to 2nd Divisional Signals (although it does not state what sub-unit) for all purposes (same as 1 above) (attachment started on 18 Sep 41) from the RHLI

5. - to be qualified Lance-Corporal (8 Dec 41)

Also, its a small world, I notice that your grandfather’s Next-of-Kin address was 205 Tragina Ave, my uncle lives on Tragina across the intersection on the other side of Britannia and as since the 40's. My late grandparent’s home was just off the intersection of Cameron & Britannia (on Cameron) and my late parent’s home was just off Paling & Britannia (on Paling) and my sister's home until recently was just off of the intersection of Barons & Britannia (on Barons), all within five minutes walk of each other along Britannia.

Cheers