View Single Post
Old 03-02-14, 21:31

Default I am back with test findings....

I Bruce.... last question first......

The lollipop No 1 that I am carefully disecting has some kind of black velvet removeable covers....

The other 2 No 10 have the chamois and another relatively new acquisition No 1 also has chamois on the ear pads.

To prevent confusion I will stick to the disected No 1 set.

See the attached picture of my findings..... note that I have added a letter A for the post on the RH earphone....then continued to the other 1, 2, 3 and added a Post plug 2 for the end return to the plug.

...so the left hand earphone seems to be open..!!!

Before I put on the gloves for internal surgery to the LH earphone.......

....when I played the radio through the RH earphone and went on to connect directly to the post 2 and 3 of the left hand earphone NO sound came out.... i.e. infinity readings. Now without taking apart the other earphone sets I got the same results from the 2 No 10 sets.... one earphone plays loud and clear the other is dead.... just a coincidence...?

Two other things I discovered....

One....
I took the microphone apart and applying the power source from the radio to the mic. I can hear clearly the sound coming from the metal mic set.... so that works.....

Two.....
The new relatively new old stock headset from the USA..... has a different black/red tracer cloth covering....with chamois on the earphone No 1 lollipop..... and the earphone works with the radio source.... BUT still only one earphone works...... AND I can trace/play the radio sound BUT by touching the post 2 green on the snatch plug instead of the common black no 3..... no response from the black post 3.....

Final questions.... are there any fuses inside the control box used on the wooden board for training... the control box has the 3 earphone connectors coming out the side and in the parts manual is referred to as .... control unit 3A MK II..

What's next Doctor...??

Bob C.
Attached Thumbnails
headphoneswiring104crop.jpg  
Canada