View Single Post
Old 05-04-06, 23:55
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Re: Re: Signs of Spring!

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets Dottir
I DID meet and chat up an elderly gentleman in the local crafts and artists materials store a couple of days ago. He was 88 years old and looking and moving around great (WAY better than me) ... he said he was with the IRISH "FUSILLIERS" (spellling correct?)

Regards 44 Field Engineer Squadron ... I'll let you know asap if I come across anything but is there anything in particular you're interested in?

I remember about the SRD JUGS too

Karmen
Only one "L" in Fusilier, but who's counting! Next time you see that chap, tell him to "Faugh a ballagh!" He'll get a laugh out of it!
Strange where the tides of war will take you, or a regiment. The Irish Fusiliers of Canada were in the thick of it in The Great War with Battle Honours from Ypres, Mount Sorrel, the Somme, Arras, Vimy, Passchendaele, Amiens, Cambrai, and Flanders...just to name a few! WWII...Jamaica mon!
As for Engineer memoribilia I'm still looking for a mine probe with web carrier. But I'm always happy to find insignia, uniforms, papers, size 12 ammo boots, size 7 3/4 helmet etc. etc.

p.s. Faugh a ballagh: Their Regimental motto. "Clear the way!"