View Single Post
Old 13-03-22, 22:58

Default All fixable......

Wings onthe pintle can be partly drilled out and new round bar welded.....

On the wipers...... they are rebuild able with care...... first the fasteners are GM clutch heads...... you can make you own using an old flat head screw driver and some careful grinding to copy the hour glass shape of the screw. Correction Danny...... you can make a tool for the special fasteners using a piece of 3/16 braKe line that you beat rectangular with ligth taps of a hammer.......Grant corrected me on that one..... Clean everything meticulously ...... i use vaseline as a lubricant....... tray to salvage enough of the gasket to make a whole one....even if you have to use scotch tape to hold it together...... then photocopy it on good heavy stock letter head or even a sheet of photo quality paper..... then cut out with a razor blade making sure to open up every orifice......Grant tells me that he posted in the past the copy of the gasket..... if you can't find it on MLU let us know we will repost

Wipers with new rubber are available from repro dealers.....similar to jeeps.

don't be surprised if once rebuilt they barely function...... you may try with some soapy water on the glass....... you only will use them to pass a safety check anyways.

Have fun!!!!!
Canada

Last edited by Bob Carriere; 15-03-22 at 17:12.