View Single Post
Old 06-03-16, 13:33
GM Fox I

Quote:
Originally Posted by George McKenzie View Post
I have the ability to ruin a compass by going around it with my finger three or four times .The needle will be stuck for ever. When I worked in the oil patch making new road they would give me a compass and in a day later it was toast .ps. I also find water .with any thing over 10" long .metal rod ,broom, cardboard ect.
It defies logic that that is possible...yet...

My wife did the same to wrist watches. The jeweler honouring the warranty gave up figuring out why and finally said "go buy your watches from somebody else".

Then there was this guy at work who bent two metal coat hangers into a 'seven' shape, loosely held the short ends and witched for underground utilities. I called BS on this because, to surveyors, there are a hundred clues to where pipes are buried and I think he was really using those while claiming mystical powers.

And, it is customary in rural Ontario to witch a well location before the drill arrives. Again a little sketchy because in most places you're going to find water anyway and in areas where that isn't true, the witchers batted 50%.