Thread: How To: Ford CMP "Blitz" miscellany
View Single Post
Old 01-05-13, 08:04
VMVC

Default Ford CMP "Blitz" miscellany

I have attached drawings here of an original Ford CMP tailpipe bracket, the one that attaches to the left rear fuel tank bracket. These are hardly ever seen on these vehicles as they are usually long wasted away or badly bent and removed and tossed away.

Thanks to Tony Wheeler who kindly lent me his I was able to clean it up, straighten it, and lift the dimensions from it. It is posted here for anyone to use. The photos before and after show what it looks like. I wondered about the stiffener at first, whether it was "factory" but in view of the spot welds discovered during its clean up I am 99% certain it was original and not a retro fit. The pipe in the clamp is new 1-5/8" diameter pipe.

I was going to call this thread "Finishing off my F15A" but our family's life was turned upside down two weeks ago.

Our son-in-law broke his neck in a horse riding accident and the prognosis is not good. Our daughter and he are expecting their first child in Sept, our first grandchild, so we are spending all our time between home, the Austin Hospital and their property at Kilmore two hours away from where we live.

Vehicle restoration is on the back burner for now and the foreseeable future but I wanted to at least finish off this drawing and post it here as Tony was kind enough to lend the original to me two months ago. Thanks again mate.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Copy of tailpipe bkt-1.jpg   Copy of tailpipe bkt-2.jpg   IMG_5264.jpg   IMG_5273.jpg   IMG_5280.jpg  

Jacques Reed