View Single Post
Old 27-06-22, 20:35

Default PL2A, Sender 8-pt Connector

I pulled the Sender back out of the Carriers No. 4 this morning to install V6A, the Voltage Regulator and see what happens with the Sender when everything is powered back up.

Getting the Sender back into the Carriers No. 4 has always been a challenge, ever since it arrived. It wants to hang up at the last half-inch or so and ends up having to be pressed home in the upper left corner, and then wiggled some more to get the upper mounting bolts installed.

As I was swinging the Sender up onto my work desk and turning it around to install the V6A Valve, something caught my eye for the very first time with the PL2A 8-pt Connector mounted in the upper left rear corner of the Sender chassis. The MIC Terminal in the lower right corner of PL2A was bent upwards. So much so, in fact, that the corresponding Spade Terminal for this connection on the Carriers Plug was sliding underneath the MIC Terminal and pushing it upwards to the point where a crack had developed in the Bakelite body of the Connector, between the MIC and FAN Terminals. This is what has been causing the poor fit of the Sender in the Carriers No. 4, and who knows for how long.

The three photos today show the extent of the upward shift of the FAN Terminal and the crack to the left of it.

Now I just need to figure out the best cure for this problem, which will also successfully cancel any future travel plans for the crack that has developed. It does not look like it has caused any significant damage to this point in time.

I think I have said it before, but there is never a dull moment with this project.

David
Attached Thumbnails
PL2A, Sender 8-pt Connector 1.JPG   PL2A, Sender 8-pt Connector 2.JPG   PL2A, Sender 8-pt Connector 3.JPG