View Single Post
Old 14-07-05, 04:45
David Pope

I came through Wainright today so stopped at the base to check these Leopards out. I was quite surprised that I drove all around the base without even having anyone even ask who I was. I went to the main office and they didn't have any idea what I was talking about but sent me to another building. Same results here so I got the soldier to check out the Crown Assets website and we found the contact person's name in maintenance so I went there and found him and had quite a chat as he showed me around. They just drove the three Leopards out the back door and tarped them over yesterday. I asked why these three and he said they're no different to any that they still use condition wise. He was complaining because they're leaving the power units in them and they always need power units. Still nobody asked my name.
Something entirely unrelated happened on the way home. I got in front of a bad hailstorm and was outrunning it when a tornado formed above me and pulled some stuff out of the back of my truck before I got to turn away from it.
All in all a very interesting day!! My 14 year old daughter agrees completely.