View Single Post
Old 30-07-11, 04:14

Default Back at the old game again......

.... we need money to run the site but no one will inform the membership of the true cost of running MLU.

Why are we so afraid of hurting people's feelings or being up front with the reality of life.... nothing is free anymore......

A lot of members may not even have a remote clue of the realistic cost of running MLU.

Other forums have a "Wall of Fame" where donors are listed and kept updated.... members can see by date the last time they contributed...some have a ranking system for big time givers...smaller contributors are also ALL recognized.

Most Hospitals in Ontario have a wall that lists all the donors, benefactors and small supporters.... some have sold bricks with family names on them.....

What they heck are we afraid......???

We have tremendous team of volunteers working unseen and I fear not fully appreciated.... they should be listed on the first line.

There was a lot of chit chat and wispering when Geoff was running the forum and God bless his soul, he left us quite an heritage..... we should have learned from that experience that there is a need to be transparent with the membership.

I support being up front...posting operating expenses..... with no veto from the membership for financial decisions taken by the volunteers.....suggesting a contribution amount so the volunteers can budget for future operational needs.....even building a reserve for unforeseen events....... recognising donrs large and small and if some are offended that they are not listed for not supporting this fine forum as donors.... though titty !!!!

The forum has never run as good as it is now...... and as reliable....

If we are timely and responsible, we will not be subject to mandatory registration fees..... or advertising and/or painful popups.... or risk frustrating our volunteers with shoe string finance.

My Canadian 5 cents worth.

I have made donations in the past and will continue to do so..... that is why I fell entitled to posting my opinion.

Bob Carriere
Canada