View Single Post
Old 31-05-23, 12:40
Lionel G. Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Craig View Post
The question is the frequency of the winching operation. The other is utility of the winch. The Tirfor style are magnificent and so reliable. I am a huge fan and have four different flavours of them. Much under appreciated and much under respected. Great control in and out, no batteries required, just so useful and honestly with a snatch block and the rolling resistance of a vehicle on wheels they work really well. Also the whole length of the line passes through the body so there is no birds nesting of cable n a drum. Plus they have a frewheel setting to reset easily. Stay mechancal, you will not be sorry. One day I hope the makers of Tirfor cut me a commission cheque......
Hello Robin,

I have used Tirfor winches extensively throughout my trade in Amenity Horticulture which included Tree surgery - Arboriculture. The Tirfor winches are something you can depend upon. I also have a different range of them. The thing is they do not eliminate the need to get into and out of the cab to adjust the steering. I intend to pull the immobilised vehicle into the shed and out of the shed on a daily basis to do things like rust removal. Not just quick replacement of clutch hydraulic cylinders for the current vehicle in question. This daily repetition has influenced my decision to go to an electric winch system.

Even better news is the winch arrived today. The not so good news is that it is a public holiday tomorrow here and all the metal merchants will be closed!

Kind regards
Lionel
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2