View Single Post
Old 27-12-13, 20:41
Darryl

Default NZ carrier?

Hi all,

I have been talking to one of my colleagues who is currently in Honiara. He is going to photograph the carrier in question.

This is what I’ve given him from the previous posts. He is not a military vehicle person though and I so I doctored a few photographs as well with a few arrows on where to look which I thought might help him.

I am not real familiar with NZ carriers. Mine is an aussie one and I am aware there are some differences. Can the NZ carrier experts please check this out and see if I am pointing him in the right direction?

• Inside the hull especially on the rear upper plate – the hull number is often stamped in the bulkhead above the rear differential
  • front top of the right hand towing eye(looking for a number like 1210)
  • left hand side of the towing eye top. Sometimes the " T " number is on the Left hand side towing eye top
  • Middle towing eye. There is a number here usually stamped near its upper edge. If no centre eye, then check the top edge of the two lifting eyes.
  • The ammo box mounts (weld marks) on the right front guard (looking from the front)

Darryl Lennane

1943 Willys MB
1941 Willys MBT Trailer
1941 Australian LP2A Machine Gun Carrier
1943 White M3A1AOP Scout Car
1944 Ford M8 Armoured Car
1945 Ford M20 Armoured Car