View Single Post
Old 06-05-06, 15:04
MLU Administrator

Thanks for the heads up!

C8A Canadian Chevrolet Military 4X4 Truck Lorrie Item number: 4637361576
Quote:
Description

VERY RARE C8A CANADIAN PATTERN CHEVROLET MILITARY 4X4

Up for auction is my 1944 C8A project. She has been undergoing a ground-up rebuild and will need very little to complete. Due to health reasons, I am no longer able to "scratch her itch". There are way too many new bits and pieces to list, and I have retained original parts where I can. Hopefully the photographs will speak for themselves. I am more than willing to answer any specific questions that you may have.

The engine is a Chevrolet 216 with a 4-speed manual gearbox. She runs smooth and starts right up. (She will also go over just about anything you can stick in front of her!!) I have been working on her for many years and have really got mixed feelings about seeing her go. I will give any advice and/or information on further refurbishment. She would also make a great conversion with sleeping quarters for the military show enthusiast. Either way, she will definately turn heads.

The body has been repaired to a modest standard. There are rough edges all over, but not much unlike it would have been originally. Some of the interior has been temporarily finished in wood just getting her ready to sell. There are a few bits and pieces that will go with her as I come across them. The tyres are Goodyear 9.00 - 16 C Nylon with an 8-ply rating. They are military tread and have years and years of life left on them.

As stated before, she starts and purrs like a kitten....OK, maybe a REALLY BIG kitten!!

She is being sold with no tax, MOT, or number plates. She is designated as a military vehicle and should not need much to register. Buyer will need to be responsible for delivery. She runs and drives well, but for legality reasons, should be trailered. Like I said, how you do it is up to you.

This truck is located in Hatfield, Herts. Payment may be made as cash upon collection. Buyer must contact me within five days of auction end to arrange collection. I can store for a short period if needed. Good Luck, & HAPPY BIDDING!!
Attached Thumbnails
9b_3-cropped.jpg