Thread: Aquino Day
View Single Post
Old 28-02-16, 18:11

Great comments, thoughts and concerns about Aquino. Similar to Robin, I am not part of the organizing committee or staff but have attended the show for the last two years with my vehicle. It's a great event that will only get better with time. I'm sure the event organizers have their hands full with all things that need to be considered or get done and my guess is they most likely do not have enough resources or folks to help out. Anything we can do to make the show better would most likely be appreciated whether it be attending the event, sharing your positive experiences at the event with others, encouraging others to attend, bringing your vehicle out for display or possibly being a volunteer at the event. The thread started out as an invitation for OMVA members to attend and if any members can do this, it would certainly be one way to help out and support Aquino. As a owner of a military vehicle and militaria collector, it often feels as though there isn't enough out there in terms of satisfying my needs or interest in the "hobby" and often find myself comparing local events to those in the USA or War & Peace Revival. Not a fair comparison but I remain positive, supportive and hopeful that local or Canadian events will grow. I THANK those that do organize or volunteer their time to keep these events and organizations going (OMVA or Aquino) because when they do this, they are giving up an opportunity to enjoy as a spectator or general member. I hope this all makes sense and all is being said in good spirit!
Cheers, Terry.
1943 GM HUA (Project)
1962 Daimler Ferret (Sold)