Thread: Aquino Day
View Single Post
Old 28-02-16, 16:27

Michael,

You and I, and in fact many here, are long enough in the tooth to know how running an event these days takes effort and labour and money and commitment.

It is my commitment to help the Gulf War vehicle collection that is part of the display there.

There is so much to be done and the fact that a full time person has been appointed to the event will hopefully make the event shine.

There are two sides to the event as I see it. One side is for the converted like yourself or myself and who may bring a vehicle and be a part of the show. The other is the paying public who will fill the bleachers and buy the hot dogs and souvenirs.

To keep both camps satisfied is hard and I am careful to couch my comments to those who run it in a positive manner and not be seen to be sniping from the sidelines.

Having been involved in running a few organisations from a number of different unpaid positions I know it is hard to please all the people all the time.

War & Peace has been a full time project for the Cadmans and I know from having attended twice the profits can be there for them but when mother nature turns as it happened last year at Aquino, all the planning is for nothing as the crowds run for their cars and leave but the bills remain.

In the meantime, I am looking forward to the event.

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62