View Single Post
Old 30-09-17, 14:38
GM Fox I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Storey View Post
Well said Rob and I think shows the true feelings of this government towards the military and our heritage.

So if the medal group is allowed to leave the country, then first what would that move say about protecting cultural property and secondly what sort of response would the move draw from Veteran's groups and concerned individuals?

If the medal group is not allowed to leave then what secret deal has been orchestrated between the buyer and Canada - perhaps a 'good-will donation' touted in the media or a 'behind-the-scenes buy-out'? I doubt anyone outside of Canada with the means to purchase a VC medal group would gamble on never getting it; so I feel some sort of deal has already been struck.
I agree with all you and Rob are saying. I bet there's more that could be said but isn't lest we get too political and banned from the site (not diminishing the correctness of those thoughts regarding the government's treatment of heritage and our military).

That said it would be so typical that the government now wage a legal challenge or some other nonsense move to retain what they now (after the horse has bolted from the barn) are shamed into grudgingly agreeing are significant national treasures. They will spend millions more than the purchase price of the medals in this after the fact moral conversion.