View Single Post
Old 14-09-22, 00:55
GM Fox I

I suppose this was coming. That these have been licenced for decades with I'm certain a very low incident rate obviously didn't facto into it. Nor that a PU (HUP or any CMP) is virtually mechanically identical to civilian models of the day...only cosmetic differences. Would they allow a 1 ton civilian Chev?

Can they even legally do this by policy bulletin? They probably don't care because your legal fees to fight it would be more than the price of the truck.

What they are inadvertently saying is that a large part of your investment has been expropriated (stolen) from you without compensation. How many buyers will pay what it's worth if you can't use it? Another way of looking at it is the ones with licenses have been grandfathered. The minute the license lapses or you try to sell it's a dead end

Oh, and these folks talk to each other so expect this to occur in every province.

Yes, this is one f-ed up country and it doesn't look like it's getting any better.

Interesting too about the insurance. I recently went to bat trying to get liability and event insurance for the Fox and UC...NOT vehicle insurance. I hit a dead end. It's not got a licence plate so no auto insurance. My house won't insure it through my home owner's policy on or definitely off site. I could get event insurance as a 'thing' for my replacement loss if it was destroyed buy could not get any insurance to cover me if some kid fell off it and broke his neck. So Harry, not only can't you drive them anymore, you can't even risk showing them.

Henry, go loud and go political. Raise a stink especially against the 'representative' that wouldn't even sign that letter with a name.

Last edited by Bruce Parker (RIP); 14-09-22 at 01:02.