View Single Post
Old 11-11-12, 08:48
[user name reset]

to my mind I don't understand the burial story. If they had a bull dozer capable of digging a huge hole and burying them . I presume they would get crushed in the process. Why not just doze over them or even easier throw some petrol over em and strike a match.

The notion that in 1945 they would be coming back for them or waned the Burmese govt to have them eventually just doesn't make sense.

If there was a need for Spits there were a hundred or so of em sitting in Australia . if the need was to simply disable them take the props off and dump them at sea . In Australia the props were taken of the Mozies and Spits to prevent anyone using them after a wag took a spit for a taxi.

if they were in boxes disassembled it seems it would be an easier task just to destroy all of the port wings or somehing rather than dig a huge hole tediously place all the boxes in the hole then bury them.

So I am giving odds on this being a Hoax along the lines of the 1990's hoax about fishing up sunken aircraft of the Qld coast that was so enthusiastically supported by Joh Bejelkie .

I dont doubt there are still treasures to be found...theP-40 found in the desert the FW 190 still in the black Forrest and the amazing junk turning up in the former Soviet union Guy Blacks Demons out of Afghanistan . but this story just don't do it.