View Single Post
Old 28-08-07, 17:16
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default POSTAL service

Ma ..
I didn't send you anything so don't look..
On the other hand I shipped a manual to a good customer in Pennsylvania,expediated post with a guaranteed delivery 8-12 working days..
I sent it on the 12th JUne..
It is traceable in Canada with abar code and tracking number but not in the US until it is actually delivered.
To make a long story short and many calls and discusssions and e-mails to Canada post they advised me to put in a claim whice I did and a Check from Canad post was forth coming..Mean while I was in contact by email and by phone to my customer and after a month I sent another manual express post..traceable and Insured..A week later he recieved the second manual and was great full and impressed with my manual and my attention to customer service...which is a like religion for me..
My word is my bond and I deal on my word around the world and I would only need one bad deal to ruin my allready shabby reputation..
But I have never lost a manual or a payment in 13-14 years of doing this around the world..
To conclude ,my claim check came in from Canada post the following week and the week after that,being 6 WEEKS from the 12 June shipping from Ottawa my customer recieved the first manual.
He e-mailed me and I told him to keep it for his troubles ...
Canad post says that the mail movement through the uS has slowed considerably since 9-11..
Here endeth the story.........