View Single Post
Old 29-01-09, 23:38
Senior Forum Member

Default Re: What size should the letters/numbers be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Price View Post
... I just want the truck to be correctly marked ... After all I've put into this truck I don't want to spoil its looks with inapproprite markings!
Hi Jim;

First off - In answer to your question, the height of the prefix (which would be the letters 'CZ' in this case) and numbers for the Census Number (in White) is 3½ inches.

Secondly - in regards to your "After all I've put into this truck I don't want to spoil its looks with inapproprite markings":

- your Arm of Service (AoS) Marking is off, it should be '60' on a Green background (see example attached) not on a Black background - the Arm of Service Serial '60' on a Green background was used by the Queen's Own Rifles of Canada from approx. 20 May 1942 onwards.

- the formation sign of the 3rd Canadian Infantry Division was a Gold (or Yellow) Maple Leaf on a French Grey background (see example attached), yours seems to look more like that of the 2nd Canadian Infantry Division - on a Royal Blue background (see example attached).

- the AoS and Formation markings on the front of your truck are on the wrong sides, they should be the other way around.

Sorry, but you did say that you didn't want to spoil its looks with inapproprite markings.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Attached Images