View Single Post
Old 18-08-13, 05:00
Tony VAN RHODA

Default Hhmmm!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motto View Post
Hi Tony.

Has this fellow wanting to import the resin .50 Cal 'toy' actually done so? I hope he has such assurance in writing but I doubt it.

Australian Customs are notorious for giving off the cuff answers to enquiries that are worthless when it comes to the crunch because so much discretion is given to the individual officer. Strike the right bloke and all's well. Strike the wrong bloke and you are in deep, deep do doos because they've got the power.

Also on the topic of 'weapons'. Whilst at Corowa this year I heard a story out of SA that a Jeep owner had been ordered by a member of the police force to remove the axe from his vehicle and not to carry it in future. Is this fact or furphy?
David

Hi David

No mate he reported to us that he rang the Customs people.. I always like things in writing, that's why I used a solicitor and I keep a copy of the Firearms Branch reply in the Jeep glove box.

As for the axe report, I haven't heard that one, though I would not be surprised as most of the young police officers wouldn't have a clue, I believe we would win that one though as it part of the vehicle kit, hell how many of us country folk carry items that could be miss interpreted, I suppose tradesmen's tools such as hammers, screwdrivers and pinch bars are next. We live in strange times.

Cheers

Tony