View Single Post
Old 03-04-23, 06:09
carrier mech

So I am reviving this old thread form one year ago (Easter). Last year I was getting ready for the gun and militaria show two provinces over and the weather reports made me cancel. In the end, the reports were much ado about nothing.

Flash now to the present. I am getting ready for the trip to the Easter show, and we got a reasonable dump today. At one point, I coudl not see to the end of my yard. There are some 18" drifts here and there, but certainly nothing devastating. I get into the house tonight, look at the weather forecast, and they have added another storm warning.

Quote:
5:12 p.m. CDT Sunday 2 April 2023

A Colorado Low is poised to impact southeastern Manitoba Tuesday through Thursday this week. Confidence is increasing that portions of southern and southeastern Manitoba will be impacted by a major spring snow storm this week. While the exact track of the low pressure system will change as the event onset nears, general amounts of 15 to 25 cm of snow appear likely. The highest confidence for heavy snow lies over the extreme southeast corner of Manitoba with confidence decreasing farther to the northwest, although latest guidance appears to be narrowing in on a more northerly track. In addition to the heavy snow, strong northerly winds will produce poor visibilities in blowing snow. More seasonal, above-freezing temperatures are likely by the weekend in the wake of this low pressure system. Rapidly accumulating snow could make travel difficult over some locations. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow. Travel is expected to be hazardous due to reduced visibility in some locations. Avoid travel if possible. Winter storm watches are issued when multiple types of severe winter weather are expected to occur together.
So after last years fiasco, I am not cancelling my trip. If I can make it the 100 or so kms out of Manitoba, it will all be clear sailing from there.

I do have to ask: Why do I live in this god forsaken province?