View Single Post
Old 16-04-22, 23:28
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.morrison View Post
Rob and Company: Sorry to be late in staying with this commentary...health problems, but firstly I thought you'd be out there in a Ford CMP ........... But nooooo....RAM 2500 AND in a Ford Garage,
Cheers for now....Robert
There is no RAM in the Ford garage....the Ram is too high to fit into the door. I have the RAM because of it's engine. It is the second Dodge Ram I have owned with the Cummins. They are made to pull, and will accelerate with a full trailer going up a hill. There is no substitute for the power and reliability of the Cummins.

If I were in the more Liberalesque areas like Toronto or Vancouver, then obviously I would have some puny 1/4 ton pickup truck, otherwise the treehuggers would be having fits. But out here on the prairies, a full size+ pickup truck is kind of a requirement.

There are a few chevs in the yard as well......the 76 5/4 ton, the wife's corvette, and the two MLVWs have Detroit 8.2l engines. As well, there is a Cadillac in the Penguin and a 6.2 in the HMMWV. There is also a GMC deuce. So I have my share of chevs to keep me busy and the drain pans occupied. But when it comes to CMPs, there is just no comparison between the clapped out Chev stovebolt 6 and the beauty and magnificent purr of the Ford Flathead.